From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Grub2 and is the upgrade a tooth puller.
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2012 20:37:31
1 On 06/24/2012 10:05 PM, Dale wrote:
2 > I only run Gentoo here, no windoze at all and no other distro
3 > either.
4
5 I agree with Canek. The only reason I switched to grub2 is that
6 I have an outboard docking station that I don't always power on.
7
8 That causes the BIOS to change the order of the drives when I
9 reboot with the docking station powered up, and then the kernel
10 can't find the boot drive. Very silly problem, really, and
11 maybe this particular BIOS is dumber than most, dunno.
12
13 But grub2 can search for the boot drive based on the disk label
14 or UUID, so that particular problem is gone now.