From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Do I really need 194 pkgs to install git?
Date: Sat, 03 Aug 2013 09:51:07
1 On Fri, 02 Aug 2013 23:03:13 -0400, Harry Putnam wrote:
2
3 > emerge -vp dev-vcs/git and come up with 194 pkgs that need to be
4 > installed.
5
6 emerge -tp dev-vcs/git
7
8 should show you what it pulling in which packages, then you can tweak
9 your USE flags. It is quite possible, even likely, that this is caused by
10 a USE flag of one of the dependencies rather than git itself.
14 Neil Bothwick
15
16 I have seen things you lusers would not believe.
17 I've seen Sun monitors on fire off the side of the multimedia lab.
18 I've seen NTU lights glitter in the dark near the Mail Gate.
19 All these things will be lost in time, like the root partition last week.
20 Time to die.