From: "Hemmann
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Thermal cpu
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2007 11:04:33
1 On Freitag, 30. März 2007, luis.emc2@×××××.com wrote:
2 > On Fri, Mar 30, 2007 at 11:10:58AM +0200, Sylvain Chouleur wrote:
3 > > I check the temperatures whith acpi:
4 > > >acpi -t
5 >
6 > I think some chipset don't give the temperature directly, actually return a
7 > numerical value and you have to run a math formula to calculate the correct
8 > temperatura.
9 >
10 > With the app lmsensors
11 >
12 > * sys-apps/lm_sensors
13 > Latest version available: 2.10.1
14 > Latest version installed: 2.10.1
15 > Size of downloaded files: 2,663 kB
16 > Homepage: http://www.lm-sensors.org/
18 > License: GPL-2
19 >
20 > in the file /etc/lmsensors.conf you must config the formula
21
22 no. You 'must' not.
23
24 For most chips and a lot of mainboards the correct formulas are already there.
25 So there is no need to do anything. Just emerge lmsensors and be happay.
26 --
27 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list