From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] 100% CPU usage with no processes to blame?
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 20:14:49
1 On Thursday 15 February 2007 22:02, b.n. wrote:
2 > Michael Crute ha scritto:
3 > >> You should use ps, top and free of course! Just realize that they lie...
4 > >
5 > > Seeing this thread reminded me of a blog article I saw on Virtual
6 > > Threads a while back...
7 > > http://virtualthreads.blogspot.com/2006/02/understanding-memory-usage-on-
8 > >linux.html
11 > > He does a pretty good job of explaining where top gets its numbers and
12 > > how to properly interpret them. HTH
13 >
14 > Nice post. Thanks for the link.
15
16 Indeed, I hadn't used the pmap command until now! I was shocked to discover
17 the direct memory used by Firefox-bin vs Opera vs Konqueror (just for a
18 laugh).
19 --
20 Regards,
21 Mick