From: Dale <dalek@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Is /etc/localtime supposed to be a symlink or a copy?
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2007 09:36:00
1 Etaoin Shrdlu wrote:
2 > On Saturday 17 March 2007 09:42, Walter Dnes wrote:
5 >> Now it seems that /etc/localtime is a separate file. Fortunately, I
6 >> found out about this possibility in a discussion in the local linux
7 >> mailing list, and updated my /etc/localtime before the switchover.
8 >>
9 >> Was this a concious decision, or is it a bug?
12 > Once it was a symlink, but now it's a real file (at least for x86). See
13 > the handbook:
14 >
15 > http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/handbook/handbook-x86.xml?part=1&chap=7#doc_chap1
19 He may also want to look at this file too. /etc/conf.d/clock I had to
20 adjust that file a while back after seeing a error during boot up.
21
22 Hope one of those helps.
23
24 Dale