From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: qwinff: an excellent qt gui front-end for ffmpeg
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2014 14:32:39
1 Neil Bothwick <neil <at> digimed.co.uk> writes:
4 > On Tue, 11 Nov 2014 03:04:46 +0000 (UTC), James wrote:
5
6 > > The more folks putting software into ebuilds and making them avaialbe,
7 > > either github or overlay (sunshine) the better off we all are.
8
9 > Or post them to bgo where they will hopefully get picked up by a dev or a
10 > layman overlay.
13 Since it is "QT" maybe. Here is mesos, I fixed: bgo 510912:: walt action ->
14 (from dev who put lxqt-0.8.0 together>
15
16 "When you'll have ebuild less or more prepared, you can ask for review on
17 sunrise irc channel: #gentoo-sunrise. Also you can ask for commit access to
18 the sunrise overlay: https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Sunrise/How_to_commit
19
20 If you do not like sunrise overlay, I still recommend you ask there for
21 review, then I can help you with proxy-maintainment:
22 https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Proxy_Maintainers "
25 From what I can discern, a group of forward-thinking devs actually want
26 the user community to "step-up" and start building the easier ebuilds
27 our distro needs to be inclusive with the thousands of packages that
28 other distros have.
29
30 POWer_tools maintainer :: dev_da_walt ?
33 It's kind of fun, hacking at ebuilds :: the devs have just got to
34 put in a bit more work to give users the tools, examples and support
35 we need to "get er done", imho.
36
37 hth,
38 James