From: Frank Steinmetzger <Warp_7@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] InitRAMFS - boot expert sought
Date: Sat, 19 May 2012 15:09:30
1 On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 10:58:18PM +0200, Alan McKinnon wrote:
2
3 Sorry for necro-posting, but I wanted to “add my mustard”, as we say over
4 here.
5
6 > > > Why on earth is udev launching daemons in EARLY BOOT?
7 > >
8 > > Your guess is as good as mine!
9 > > […]
10 >
11 > Perhaps the ability to hear the computer go "bing" when volumes
12 > mount is a killer marketing feature....
13 >
14 > Reminds me of Sigourney Weaver's character in Galaxy Quest - she was
15 > the bimbo who announced to the room whenever the computer went bing
16
17 Her character was the personification of GNU (from memory): “I only have one
18 job on this damn ship. It is stupid, but I do it.“ And she does it well. :-)
21 Gruß | Greetings | Qapla'
22 Please do not share anything from, with or about me with any Facebook service.
23
24 Give me your passport, and I tell you who you are.