From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Selective sync of layman overlays?
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 16:29:28
1 On Wed, Jun 24, 2009 at 10:52 AM, Neil Bothwick<neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 > On Wed, 24 Jun 2009 10:31:59 -0500, Paul Hartman wrote:
3 >
4 >> Often times there's 1 or 2 packages I want from an overlay, but don't
5 >> want the entire overlay. Is there a way to do a selective sync of a
6 >> layman overlay? By that I mean tell layman to only sync certain
7 >> directories and their contents.
8 >
9 > The way I do this is I add the overlays in layman but do not add them
10 > to make.conf. Then I symlink individual directories from the layman
11 > overlay directory to my local overlay, which is in make.conf. That way
12 > I keep up to date with the one or two packages I need without pulling
13 > in the whole overlay.
14
15 That's a great idea, I'll give it a shot. Thanks!