From: covici@××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] cannot properly start gdm
Date: Fri, 03 Jun 2016 09:25:59
1 Thanasis <thanasis@××××××××××.org> wrote:
2
3 > On 06/03/2016 10:19 AM, covici@××××××××××.com wrote:
4 > > Thanasis <thanasis@××××××××××.org> wrote:
5 > >
6 > >> On 06/03/2016 09:14 AM, covici@××××××××××.com wrote:
7 > >>> Hi. I am having problems starting gdm using the latest from the gnome
8 > >>> overlay. Its been going on for a while and started about end of March.
9 > >>> Here is a log file of what goes on and I cannot get orca to even start,
10 > >>> so something is definitely wrong here.
11 > >>>
12 > >>>
13 > >>> https://covici.com/owncloud/index.php/s/DD4pmEiaD1CSmi9
14 > >>>
15 > >>> I hope some kind soul can help, this is getting frustrating.
16 > >>>
17 > >>> Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
18 > >>>
19 > >>
20 > >> The problem may be related to nautilus not working.
21 > >> Try logging in at a console (tty) terminal and running startx
22 > >> (startx is from the x11-apps/xinit package)
23 > >>
24 > >
25 > > Thanks for your reply, but I never use nautilus, I can't even log in to
26 > > the system.
29 > nautilus is part of gnome (if you use it ...)
30 > Do you mean, you cannot login, not even in terminal (without X)?
31
32 I mean I cannot log into a user with gdm, I don't even get the gdm login
33 screen. I can login normally to a textconsole.
36 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
37 How do
38 you spend it?
39
40 John Covici