From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] cant change MAC address
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2020 00:23:40
1 On 13 November 2020 00:40:38 CET, William Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au> wrote:
2 >Hi,
3 >
4 >    I am trying to change the mac address of a realtek wifi card using
5 >either mac_wlan0="<new MAC address>"  in /etc/conf.d/net (which is in
6 >the handbook) or manually using ifconfig wlan0 hw ether  <new MAC
7 >address> and its not working.  Is there another way or am I stuck?
8 >
9 >BillK
10
11 Based on the name, I am assuming this is a wireless card. Not sure if this has changed yet, but not all wifi cards actually support changing the MAC address.
14 Joost
15 --
16 Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.