From: thelma@×××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] apache 2.4 - deny access to directory
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2020 19:41:09
1 On 11/30/2020 05:34 AM, Michael wrote:
2 [snip]
3 >
4 > I've tested different RequireAll directives in a .htaccess file and with
5 > otherwise default apache settings I can confirm:
6 >
7 > This is correct:
8 > =========================
9 > <RequireAll>
10 > Require ip 10.0.0.100
11 > </RequireAll>
12 > =========================
13 > will only allow visitors from 10.0.0.100 to access the directory content.
14 >
15 > This is also correct:
16 > =========================
17 > <RequireAll>
18 > Require all granted
19 > Require ip 10.0.0.100
20 > </RequireAll>
21 > =========================
22 > will only allow visitors from 10.0.0.100 to access the directory content.
23 >
24 > Finally, this won't work:
25 > =========================
26 > <RequireAll>
27 > Require all denied
28 > Require ip 10.0.0.100
29 > </RequireAll>
30 > =========================
31 > because it returns 403 for all clients irrespective of IP address, since both
32 > subdirectives must be correct for the RequireAll to be true.
33 >
34 > I notice you have 'Options MultiViews' in your modules.d/
35 > 00_default_settings.conf, which will parse paths to find and serve any file
36 > requested by the client even if the URL is not complete. It might be this
37 > conflicts with your .htaccess within admin/ subdirectory, but I'm not sure.
38 > Something in apache logs may shed light in this.
41 >> AuthName "restricted stuff"
42 >> AuthType Basic
43 >> AuthUserFile "/etc/apache2/users"
44 >> require user webmaster
45 >>
46 >> I've tried adding
47 >> RewriteEngine on
48 >>
49 >> With it, I can not login at all (access denied) regardless of IP.
50 >
51 > With apache 2.4 a new <If> directive was added to perform conditional checks
52 > and replace/augment many of the mod_rewrite functionalities. I don't know how
53 > you have structured your RewriteCond and RewriteRule, but obviously they don't
54 > work as intended if they totally block access.
55 >
56 > You could check conflicting rules between your apache config and any .htaccess
57 > directives, or any loose and contradictory .htaccess files in higher
58 > subdirectories.
59
60 Partial success. It seems to me .htaccess <RequireAll> needs: <Files *>
61 to work.
62 The blow works on IP:
63
64 <Files *>
65 <RequireAll>
66 Require ip 10.0.0.109
67 </RequireAll>
68 </Files>
69
70 But this below doesn't work.
71
72 AuthName "restricted stuff"
73 AuthType Basic
74 AuthUserFile "/etc/apache2/users"
75 require user webmaster
76
77 It doesn't read "AuthType Basic" it does not ask me for password.
78 I wish Apache 2.2 was still in portage.