From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Switching from Seamonkey to Firefox and Thunderbird
Date: Sat, 06 Jan 2018 02:01:44
1 Ian Zimmerman wrote:
2 > On 2018-01-05 17:02, Dale wrote:
3 >
4 >> I may just have to find a new password tool to use. LastPass did all
5 >> I wanted and then some but since it no longer works in Seamonkey, I've
6 >> got to find something that will.
7 > Here are some things to be aware of:
8 >
9 > https://github.com/IJHack/QtPass/issues/338
10 > https://freedom-to-tinker.com/2017/12/27/no-boundaries-for-user-identities-web-trackers-exploit-browser-login-managers/
13 I been looking for something that works with Seamonkey, so far, I
14 haven't found anything that works with Seamonkey.  It's almost hard to
15 believe that there is no password tool/addon that works with Seamonkey.
16
17 I've never heard of qtpass but based on skimming the article you linked
18 to, I think I'll stay clear of it for a while.  ;-)  I also don't use
19 built-in password managers either.  I've read they are not secure for
20 years.  Plus, they don't generate good passwords that I know of either.
21
22 I see some password managers in portage but no clue if they work with
23 Seamonkey and other apps I use, firefox included.  That's what I liked
24 about LastPass.  It worked everywhere I needed it too.
25
26 Dale
27