From: konsolebox <konsolebox@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Is "-fomit-frame-pointer" a gcc default?
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2016 10:52:56
1 On Tue, Jul 12, 2016 at 6:07 PM, Andrew Savchenko <bircoph@g.o> wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > On Mon, 11 Jul 2016 16:27:42 -0400 waltdnes@××××××××.org wrote:
5 >> I put it into CFLAGS/CCFLAGS years ago, and left it there. During a
6 >> discussion on the Pale Moon forum about build options, the opinion seems
7 >> to be that "-fomit-frame-pointer" is now the default. Is that o?
8 >> I'd like to simplify my CFLAGS/CCFLAGS both in Gentoo and the Pale Moon
9 >> build process.
10 >
11 > gcc-5.3.0 manual says:
12 > The default setting (when not optimizing for size) for 32-bit
13 > GNU/Linux x86 and 32-bit Darwin x86 targets is
14 > -fomit-frame-pointer. You can configure GCC with the
15 > --enable-frame-pointer configure option to change the default.
16
17 And this was first mentioned in 4.6.0's changelog, but I don't see
18 anything about x86_64.
21 konsolebox