From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: QT versions
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 13:30:11
1 Daniel D Jones wrote:
2 > Is it safe to remove QT3 from the system now? It seems like at one point that
3 > there were still packages in KDE that needed version 3 installed.
4 >
5 > I have both version 3 and 4 on the system. If I remove the qt3 use flag,
6 > enable the qt4 use flag and do an emerge --newuse, can I then unmerge version
7 > 3?
8
9 Usually it's not safe because Qt 4 and Qt 3 are different products. Qt 4
10 is not update to Qt 3. You can follow Justin's advice to see is Qt 3 is
11 still needed. You can omit a version specification to see which
12 packages need 3 and which need 4: equery depends x11-libs/qt