From: Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] freeSwitch
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2016 14:21:50
1 On Wednesday, April 27, 2016 03:21:38 AM James wrote:
2 > https://freeswitch.org/
5 > Seems to be opensource. Runs on Arm (rpi) and x86
6 >
7 > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FreeSWITCH
8 >
9 > Is there something similar in portage?
10 >
11 > Anyone tested this on debian or any other linux distro?
12 >
13 > Folks interested in an ebuild for this software?
14
15 I have a Freeswitch install on a (non-Gentoo) box at a client. That client has
16 recently moved to a different PBX product. I will not willingly install another
17 Freeswitch setup, and my full rant as to why would be a multi-part blog post.
18
19 My recommendation would be to use sip-proxy if it meets your needs, Asterisk
20 or Kamailio if you need something heavier.
23 :wq