From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] The End Is Near ... or, get the vaseline, they're on the way!
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2012 13:29:58
1 On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 6:17 AM, Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 > On Sat, 17 Mar 2012 09:00:37 +0100, Andrea Conti wrote:
3 >
4 >> Personally I stopped bothering with a separate /usr ages ago, so I don't
5 >> really care.
6 >
7 > Having given this some thought recently, I am coming round to the view
8 > that the problem is /usr itself. It may have had a place when boot disks
9 > were limited in size, but I really don't see the point it in at all
10 > nowadays. This whole question of which bin directory does code belong in
11 > should be "why do we need so many bin directories"?
14 > --
15 > Neil Bothwick
16 >
17 > This is a test of the emergency tagline stealing system.
18
19 +1
20
21 http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/UsrMove