From: Andrea Conti <alyf@××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Mac Mini with Grub booting Mac OSX and Windows?!
Date: Thu, 30 May 2013 06:30:45
1 > Thanks Andrea. I had though that the MBR was automatically mapped to
2 > the the first 4 gpt partitions because that's they way it's always been
3 > on my system. So now I wonder how it's been set that way, because I
4 > know i've never touched gpt-fdisk and I didn't use bootcamp. Maybe the
5 > refit installer.
6
7 I have no idea. No sane GPT partitioning tool should ever automatically
8 create a hybrid MBR: it's not part of the GPT spec and if it's not
9 properly updated at every change of the GPT table there's the risk of
10 massive corruption.
11 I know for sure that OSX's Disk Utility doesn't create one.
12
13 AFAIK the rEFIt installer just copies the boot manager on the OSX
14 partition and installs a startup item that makes sure rEFIt is blessed
15 (i.e. selected as the active EFI boot manager) at every reboot.
16
17 andrea