From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] IP Load Sharing - Per Packet Load Balancing (Linux router)
Date: Mon, 27 May 2013 08:15:20
1 On Monday 27 May 2013 01:16:31 Nick Khamis wrote:
2 > By downstream, I mean within our own network. Obviously downstream LB
3 > from the ISP's DSLAM would be impossible without MLPP, BGP support...
4 >
5 > N
6
7 I think that the CONFIG_BONDING option in the kernel will help you do what you
8 want. Have a look at /usr/src/linux/Documentation/networking/bonding.txt
9
10 http://www.cyberciti.biz/tips/linux-bond-or-team-multiple-network-interfaces-nic-into-single-interface.html
13 Without bonding, using Trivial/True link equaliser (teql) you could try
14 something like this:
15
16 http://compton.nu/2009/12/per-packet-load-balancing-with-linux/
17
18 http://lartc.org/howto/lartc.loadshare.html
21 From a cursory look the kernel bonding seems to be the latest method of doing
22 this. Please let us know what you come up with as the best method for
23 achieving what you want.
24 --
25 Regards,
26 Mick