From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Permissions of files in /sys/
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 23:54:13
1 On Mon, 12 Jan 2009 19:13:32 +0100, Momesso Andrea wrote:
2
3 > Hmmm... Having not recived any answers might mean that my suspects are
4 > right and there is no way to create an udev rule for my scope.
5
6 udev rules create and name files in /dev. They use information from /sys
7 but don't write there.
8
9 > I think I will have to change those permissions manually at boot time
10
11 You may be able t achieve this with a HAL policy rule, but a chown/chmod
12 in /etc/conf.d/local is less hassle to implement.
16 Neil Bothwick
17
18 It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning
19 to others.