From: "Brett I. Holcomb" <brettholcomb@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Motherboards
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2006 02:18:47
1 Thanks. I believe Tom's Hardware liked ASRock, too. I'll add them to my
2 list.
3
4 On Friday February 24 2006 21:02, Hemmann, Volker Armin wrote:
5 > On Saturday 25 February 2006 02:27, Brett I. Holcomb wrote:
6 > > I need to purchase a motherboard that supports SATA and am looking for
7 > > recommendations. I used to use ASUS but their support is non-existent
8 > > and totally stupid. Unfortunately this will be for a Windows system but
9 > > I'd like feedback on what is good and bad.
10 >
11 > well, I like my Asrock DualSata2 - but I don't use Sata, so I can't say
12 > anything about the sata support. It should work. but no guarantees.
13 >
14 > But on the other hand, it has agp&pcie, onboard sound&network works and
15 > their support is better than the asus one ;)
16 > Oh, and it is passive cooled and has a socket upgrade slot.
20 Brett I. Holcomb
21 --
22 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list