From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Recompile system but omit package?
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2010 23:08:00
1 On Sunday 18 April 2010 17:29:12 YoYo siska wrote:
2
3 > You can still break the emerge (for example with ctrl-c) when it
4 > starts to emerge gcc, the continue the emerge process with emerge
5 > --resume --skipfirst
6 >
7 > that's what I usually do with openoffice and similar apps when I do a
8 > "quick" update and fail to notice the large app in there.. ;)
9
10 I assume you aren't specifying --jobs=[2,3,4,...]. Very useful
11 embellishment of emerge: gets things done in half the time.
14 Rgds
15 Peter.