From: james <garftd@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] openntp failed?
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2016 00:53:26
1 On 08/10/2016 10:48 AM, Peter Humphrey wrote:
2 > On Wednesday 10 Aug 2016 08:27:53 james wrote:
3 >
4 >> Any hints on using this net-misc/openntpd ?
5 >
6 > No, but have you thought of using chrony instead? It's served me well for
7 > many years and I don't get any impression of bloat. That's just an informal
8 > opinion; I haven't looked into it closely.
11 I may look into that later. Right now, I just need something easy and
12 lightweight, that works across system, VM, containers and embedded
13 systems. Openntp seems to be fine for that. I may look at chrony at a
14 later date, if openntp fails for unknown reasons. It is pretty small
15 and quite simple, so it does meet my needs, atm.
16
17 Later on, I may need to test a variety of ntp daemons against musl and
18 maybe some other glibc replacements, but not now.
21 thx,
22 James