From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Can't Get Systemd to Work
Date: Fri, 16 May 2014 13:40:25
1 Am 16.05.2014 15:33, schrieb Hunter Jozwiak:
4 > -----Original Message-----
5 > From: Neil Bothwick [mailto:neil@××××××××××.uk]
6 > Sent: Friday, May 16, 2014 8:06 AM
7 > To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
8 > Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Can't Get Systemd to Work
9 >
10 > On Fri, 16 May 2014 07:34:16 -0400, Hunter Jozwiak wrote:
11 >
12 >> Hi all. I am having issues with Systemd as well. I added to the GRUB2
13 >> configuration file the needed command line to get Systemd to start,
14 >> but for whatever reason, the kernel is adamant that I must use OrenRC.
15 >
16 > You need to tell us what you added and what the kernel complained about.
17 > The only information we have is what is in your mail, we are not the NSA, we
18 > cannot see what is on your computer.
19 >
20 >> I
21 >> recompiled with Genkernel-next a new kernel and initramfs, and that,
22 >> for whatever reason, doesn't automount my /boot partition. Is there a
23 >> fix to this?
24 >
25 > It is standard practice to not mount the /boot partition. By the time the
26 > boot process gets to mounting what is in /etc/fstab, /boot is no longer
27 > needed. That's why it is usually set to noauto in fstab.
30 > --
31 > Neil Bothwick
32 >
33 > Guns don't kill people--it's those little pieces of lead.
34 > GRUB_CMD_LINE_LINUX="init=/usr/lib/system/system", rather.
37 where is the quote, where is the text?
38
39 And it's called systemd with a d ->
40
41 GRUB_CMD_LINE_LINUX="init=/usr/lib/system/systemd"
42
43 btw