From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: launching iptables
Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2006 21:20:50
1 Alexander Kirillov <nevis2us <at> infoline.su> writes:
4 > > Is their a way to get 'rc-update add <my_firewall> default' to launch
5 > > my_firewall without putting it in the /etc/init.d/ dir and using the
6 > > runscipt template for my script?
7
8 > > thoughts, suggestions and examples are most welcome.
9 > Keep your script in /etc and run it once.
10
11 OK, but how will it get discovered again upon reboot?
12
13 /etc/init.d/iptables will overwrite what my_firewall.sh does.
14 as it is currently doing....
17 > If you have SAVE_ON_STOP="yes" in /etc/conf.d/iptables
18 > your rules will be restored whenever you restart iptables.
19
20 Um, maybe I missing something but searching for "SAVE_ON"
21 only reveals this line in the /etc/init.d/iptables script:
24 stop() {
25 if [[ ${SAVE_ON_STOP} == "yes" ]] ; then
26 save || return 1
27 fi
30 it looks for this setting in my script? If not, what file do
31 I set the param ${SAVE_ON_STOP} in?
34 I.E. this is a conditional statement testing the setting which is
35 where?
36
37 Or do I just add this line to the end for the scipt?
38
39 confused.
40
41 James