From: Peter Eis <peter.eis@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Mouse wheel doesn't work
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 11:09:34
1 Stewart Taylor wrote:
2
3 > I've got a Microsoft Intellimouse (ps2) which seems to be detected
4 > correctly but the wheel will not work under KDE. Under KDE Control
5 > center > peripherals >mouse I get the option to adjust the scroll
6 > rate, but this has no effect. The wheel seems to be working as a left
7 > button, if I click the wheel over an icon or file that item is
8 > selected. I've tried all the fixes I've found on the web (not many,
9 > most seem to relate to cordless mice) without success.
10
11 Check your /etc/X11/xorg.conf
12 For a wheel mouse you need the following options in section "InputDevice":
13 Option "Protocol" "IMPS/2"
14 Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
15
16 Peter