From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] systemd - are we forced to switch?
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2013 13:43:26
1 On 22/07/2013 15:39, András Csányi wrote:
2 > On 22 July 2013 15:35, Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net> wrote:
3 >> 130722 Helmut Jarausch wrote:
4 >>> gnome-base/gnome-settings-daemon-3.8.4 requires systemd
5 >>> sys-auth/consolekit-0.4.6 cannot coexist with systemd
6 >>> but many packages depend on sys-auth/consolekit :
7 >>> How did you resolve this conflict?
8 >>
9 >> Don't use Gnome. I've been using Fluxbox for years :
10 >> it's simple, highly configurable & quite adequate for everyday work ;
11 >> you can use apps from KDE or Xfce, as you please.
12 >
13 > If somebody has to use gnome? For example, here is my girlfriend who
14 > has a Gentoo system with Unity on her laptop. She uses Evolution on
15 > daily basis. As I experienced not possible to install Evolution
16 > without gnome USE flag. In this case what is the proper solution?
17
18 USE="gnome" != install all of Gnome
19
20 It means to compile with Gnome support.
21
22 What Gnome packages does Evolution require, and do those deps pull in
23 systemd?
24
25 If no, there's no problem
26 If yes, either live with what portage wants to do or use a different
27 mail-client
31 Alan McKinnon
32 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com