From: Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] The generated cache was invalid...
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 23:43:55
1 Hi all,
2
3 I've been seeing this error during every emerge for a while now, and I
4 don't know where it comes from, or what it means:
5
6 * Updating desktop mime database ...
7 * Updating shared mime info database ...
8 * Updating icons cache ...
9 The generated cache was invalid. [ !! ]
10 * Updating scrollkeeper database ...
11 * GNU info directory index is up-to-date.
12 * IMPORTANT: 2 config files in '/etc' need updating.
13 * See the CONFIGURATION FILES section of the emerge
14 * man page to learn how to update config files.
15
16 google was no real help, and b.g.o doesn't have anything either. I
17 haven't noticed any adverse effects...
18
19 any ideas?
20
21 thanks,
25 In order to understand recursion, you must first understand recursion.
28 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list