From: Michal 'vorner' Vaner <vorner@×××.cz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] font problem after xorg-server upgrade
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 14:06:47
1 Hello
2
3 On Wed, Apr 25, 2007 at 09:15:55AM -0400, Matthew R. Lee wrote:
4 > Yesterday after a normal emerge -uND world and reboot the fonts in X went
5 > haywire. They all jumped in size to, I'm guessing, 100pt or more making KDE
6 > completely unusable. After rebooting into the console and some investigation
7 > I discovered that if I downgraded to xorg-server 1.2.0-r3 (from 1.3.0.0) and
8 > xf86-video-i810 1.7.4 (from 2.0.0) the problem went away. No config was
9 > changed during the emerge (except hdparm).
10 > Has anyone else had this problem? Do I need to file a bug? I'm snowed under
11 > with work this week so I don't have time to experiment.
12
13 No, I had even worse one - I have 2-headed intel card (internal laptop
14 LCD + external one) and use them as separate screens (:1.0 and :1.1).
15 After the upgrade, it seqfaults, I want to post a bug against it as soon
16 as I have a bit of time. Now I'm back at the old one and have no time to
17 spare too, so this one waits.
18
19 However, for what I heard of this version, it is somewhat more buggy
20 than I like.
21
22 I would suggest you to post a bug as soon as you can.
23
24 Have a nice day
27 Hallowed be the zeroes and ones
28