From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [slightly O/T] mysql problems
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2014 20:41:38
1 On Wednesday 15 Oct 2014 13:41:03 Kerin Millar wrote:
4 > > Database changed
5 > > mysql> DROP TABLE `website1@002dnew`.`actions`;
6 >
7 > Is this a table for which it is also complaining that a corresponding
8 > tablespace doesn't exist in database `website1@@002dnew`? Your original
9 > post mentioned only a table named `webform_validation_rule_components`.
10
11 Yes, there are loads of tables that it is complaining about. However, the
12 name of the database mentioned in the logs is not that of the local machine,
13 but of the remote.
16 > Whichever table(s) it is complaining about, if you happen to find a
17 > corresponding .idb file in a different database (sub-directory), you
18 > might be able to satisfy MySQL by copying it to where it is expecting to
19 > find it. If that works, you should then be able to drop it.
20
21 I lost you here. We have the local database, website_test. In it I can see a
22 number of tables. I also have other databases for different websites. Where
23 am I supposed to look for corresponding .idb files?
26 > Sometimes, directly copying an InnoDB tablespace into place requires a
27 > more elaborate procedure but I won't muddy the waters by describing said
28 > procedure just yet.
29 >
30 > > ERROR 1051 (42S02): Unknown table 'actions'
31 > > mysql> DISCARD TABLESPACE `website1@002dnew`.`actions`;
32 > > ERROR 1064 (42000): You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the
33 > > manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right
34 > > syntax to use near 'DISCARD TABLESPACE `website1@002dnew`.`actions`' at
35 > > line 1
36 > > =========================
37 > >
38 > > I think in mysql-5.5 I should be using DROP TABLESPACE instead?
39 >
40 > My mistake. The correct syntax for discarding the tablespace would be:
41 >
42 > ALTER TABLE <table> DISCARD TABLESPACE;
43 >
44 > I'm stating the obvious here, but be sure not to DROP or DISCARD
45 > TABLESPACE on a table whose tablespace does exist and for which you do
46 > not have a backup. Both commands are destructive.
47
48 Well, I still have the backup from the live website, I can restore from it if
49 I have to. However, what I find confusing is that the errors mention the live
50 website's database name, not the local database. Shouldn't the import
51 function import the tables into the local database?
52 --
53 Regards,
54 Mick