From: Richard Marza <richardmarzan@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Blocking login attempts to sshd and vsftpd
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2009 14:05:50
1 ----- Original Message -----
2 From: "KH" <gentoo-user@××××××××××××××××.de>
3 To: <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
4 Sent: Sunday, November 15, 2009 6:22 AM
5 Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Blocking login attempts to sshd and vsftpd
8 > Richard Marza schrieb:
9 >> I recently check my log files and discovered that there was a dictionary
10 >> attack attempt on my daemons. sshd and vsftpd were the primary targets.
11 >> Is there a script or tool to block the offending IP addresses using
12 >> iptables. Something that checks to see if a minimum of attempts has
13 >> occured and blocks them indefinitely based on that?
16 >> Regards,
17 >> Richard M.
20 > Hi,
21 >
22 > I am using that script:
23 > http://blinkeye.ch/dokuwiki/doku.php/projects/blacklist
24 >
25 > kh
29 This is perfect and more straight-forward than the alternatives. I'm
30 surprised this isn't one of the most mentioned or talked about in the
31 threads. Thank you all.