From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How many people use KDE?
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2006 18:49:32
1 On Sun, 22 Jan 2006 07:57:15 -0800, Mark Knecht wrote:
2
3 > > Keeping KDE up to date is no more or less effort than keeping GNOME
4 > > up to date.
5
6 > Certainly no more effort, but it seems that it's possibly much more
7 > compute time which would get in the way of me running real time audio
8 > on my machines.
9
10 Not since the introduction of the split ebuilds. It was true with the
11 monolithic ebuilds that updating one program required you to rebuilds a
12 large chunk of KDE, but that's no longer the case. If anything, I expect
13 it is much less work for the computer than a similar update for GNOME,
14 because the KDE packages are much more fine-grained now.
18 Neil Bothwick
19
20 Suicide is the most sincere form of self-criticism.