From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Domain name registration
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2009 17:47:54
1 Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo <at> gmail.com> writes:
4 > On Sat, Apr 25, 2009 at 5:02 PM, Paul Hartman
5 > <paul.hartman+gentoo <at> gmail.com> wrote:
6 > > On Sat, Apr 25, 2009 at 3:41 PM, James <wireless <at> tampabay.rr.com> wrote:
7 > >> Hello,
8 > >>
9 > >> I'm looking for suggestions to use for DNS registrars.
10 > >
11 > > I've been using namecheap for years (they are a reseller for eNom).
12 > > It's cheap and you get what you're looking for. I've got a few
13 > > domains, and been able to set them up for DKIM, Google Apps, etc
14 > > without any issues.
17 > There is also a coupon code this month that will give you a discount: 7tulips
22 Thanks Paul...
23
24 I guess I should have clearly stated that I was looking for a DNS registrar
25 that, by default, make the customer the DNS registrant, instead of themselves.
26 As you know, if you are the DNS registrant, then, you own the DN. Many folks
27 discover this only when they try to migrate ?their? DN.
28
29 http://www.keytlaw.com/urls/whoowns.htm
30
31 Most registrars do not do this, and personally it miffs me quite a lot.......
32
33 I'll Look into "namecheap" and see what their policy and practices are.
34
35 Thanks again,
38 James