From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Instrumenting the GPU
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2017 10:59:16
1 Hello list,
2
3 I'm hunting a problem with cooling in this box, and I've got as far as
4 suspecting my new AMD WX 5100 GPU.
5
6 One of my BOINC projects causes the GPU temperature, as shown by gkrellm, to
7 shoot up to 75C or more and cause intolerable system cooling noise. If I
8 suspend that project but leave the other seven running, the temperature
9 returns to what I hope is a normal 55C. Those seven projects are supposed to
10 use the GPU, but I'm not sure whether they do in fact.
11
12 Is there any way I can monitor what is using the GPU, to find out?
15 Regards,
16 Peter.