From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Daniel Robbins' come back ?
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 07:34:01
1 On Monday 14 January 2008, reader@×××××××.com wrote:
2 > Just butting in here a bit but this discussion has got me somewhat
3 > worried. This will probably ramble a bit... but at least that will
4 > fit right in in this discussion... hehe.
5 >
6 > I probably represent about the lowest level of gentoo user so I
7 > thought maybe it would be good to speak up a bit here.
8
9 [snip]
10
11 > I'd like to help in some way... but hard to think of anyway that I
12 > could realistically contribute.
13
14 An excellent contribution is to help out people on this list and in the
15 forums. A lot of them are in the same position you were recently and
16 they appreciate the help you can give them just as much as you did.
17
18 Don't feel that just because you are a mere foot soldier in the trenches
19 that you can't make a difference. 1000 such foot soldiers make a pretty
20 formidable force to move forward with!
21
22 Regardless of what the future holds for Gentoo it will always need
23 users, users willing to help other users, and people willing to improve
24 the product. It simply doesn't make much sense for the community at
25 large to pay exclusive attention to the management woes and neglect the
26 distro itself.
27
28 Here's some stuff that needs done (might be a tad out of date though):
29
30 http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/devrel/staffing-needs/
31
32 alan