From: Dale <dalek@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] automount on the CLI
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 05:25:19
1 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Thu, 22 Feb 2007 23:15:28 +0000, Mick wrote:
5 >> I've looked around for an explanation, but I have failed to find enough
6 >> to help me understand. Would you care to explain or point me to some
7 >> relevant links. How is one meant to mount a USB stick when on a
8 >> console?
9 >>
10 >> A long time ago I created relevant entries in my fstab, because back
11 >> then automounting was quite involved and a tad unstable. I have still
12 >> some entries like:
13 >>
14 >> # Flash Card
15 >> /dev/sda /mnt/sda auto,vfat,msdos noauto,user,noatime 0 0
16 >> /dev/sda1 /mnt/sda1 auto,vfat,msdos noauto,user,noatime 0 0
17 >> to be able to mount USB pen drives manually. However, because of these
18 >> fstab entries when I automount them using a GUI (Konqueror), they are
19 >> mounted under /mnt/sda not under /media/disk.
22 > Remove the entries from /etc/fstab, then KDE will automount them
23 > under /media/<volume name>. To mount manually from a terminal or console,
24 > use "pmount /dev/sda1", you don't need to be root to do this, to have the
25 > device mounted in the same place as with KDE.
30 Isn't there another way that mounts automatically? Mine used to do that
31 and I think it was ivman. I noticed it doesn't do that any more
32 though. I don't have ivman installed so that may explain that. I seem
33 to recall a clash with the new KDE and ivman or something.
34
35 Dale
36
42 www.myspace.com/dalek1967