From: Daniel Pielmeier <daniel.pielmeier@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Downloading Flash videos
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 21:34:38
1 Mick schrieb:
2 > Hi All,
3 >
4 > I've been trying to download different flash embedded videos like:
5 >
6 > http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4191382246884244677
7 >
8 > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjV0Gws-BVM
9 >
10 > etc.
11 >
12 > I have used VideoDownloader with Firefox and FLV Downloader (which didn't
13 > work) and Video Manager with Opera. It seems that the downloaded video is
14 > very jumpy (drops huge number of frames) when played back using xine/gxine.
15 > So I thought of using wget to achieve the same effect but without all these
16 > helpful GUIs, but cannot see what I should be downloading when I look at the
17 > HTML source of the YouTube web page.
18 >
19 > What would you advise on this?
20
21 As Hans-Werner already mentioned, most embedded (flash)-videos are
22 stored temporarily on disk in /tmp or in the browser's cache at least
23 here with firefox. So just wait until it is loaded and don't close the
24 browser window then copy it to where you want. Btw. YouTube and
25 GoogleVideo store them to /tmp.
26
27 They play well with mplayer, xine, vlc which i use, others will also work.
28
29 Regards,
30
31 Daniel