From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: smartctrl drive error @60%
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2014 21:42:52
1 On Fri, Jun 27, 2014 at 5:26 PM, Grant Edwards
2 <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > They _might_ block port 25 and require you to use SMTP/SSL on port
4 > 465. More likely, they would still allow an initial plaintext
5 > connection to port 25 and require use of the starttls command.
6
7 Check with your ISP. The rules vary.
8
9 I have Verizon FIOS and I'm pretty sure they block port 25 from their
10 own customers regardless of TLS. I guess that must means the virus
11 writers have to write an extra 5 lines of code to extract the password
12 from the configuration of whatever email software is in use...
13
14 Rich