From: David Sveningsson <eXt@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Xorg won't use my TFT monitor as screen 0
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 13:15:48
1 Hi, I recently bought a new TFT monitor. I used to have 2 CRT monitors
2 with an nvidia graphics card. I configured Xorg to use two separate
3 screens and *not* twin-view.
4
5 When I replaced the monitor that used to be screen 0 with the new TFT
6 monitor Xorg cannot use it as screen 0 any more. And the placement of
7 the screen seems weird. All applications starts about 200x200px to the
8 left and above the desktops. When maximizing an application it fits into
9 a (estimated) 1024x768 window.
10
11 No matter how I configure X it just doesn't seem to work. Attaching my
12 xorg.conf
13
14 Also, I recently had some issues with java+firefox. Anytime a java
15 applet is starting I get the following error:
16
17 Java process caught exception: java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
18
19 The callstack printed reveals that the error comes from
20 sun.awt.X11GraphicsEnvironment.getDefaultScreenDevice(X11GraphicsEnvironment.java:218)
21
22 So I figured something must be really wrong with my configuration. Any
23 ideas?
28 Java Runtime Error:
29 =================================================================
30
31 PLUGIN ERROR
32 ************
33 Java process caught exception: java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
36 java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
37 at sun.plugin.JavaRunTime.initEnvironment(JavaRunTime.java:84)
38 at sun.plugin.navig.motif.Plugin.doit(Plugin.java:131)
39 at sun.plugin.navig.motif.Plugin.start(Plugin.java:104)
40 Caused by: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 1
41 at
42 sun.awt.X11GraphicsEnvironment.getDefaultScreenDevice(X11GraphicsEnvironment.java:218)
43 at java.awt.Window.init(Window.java:354)
44 at java.awt.Window.<init>(Window.java:407)
45 at java.awt.Frame.<init>(Frame.java:402)
46 at java.awt.Frame.<init>(Frame.java:367)
47 at sun.plugin.AppletViewer.<clinit>(AppletViewer.java:109)
48 ... 3 more
49 Java process: caught exception from sun.plugin.navig.motif.Plugin.start
50 Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 1
51 at
52 sun.awt.X11GraphicsEnvironment.getDefaultScreenDevice(X11GraphicsEnvironment.java:218)
53 at java.awt.Window.init(Window.java:354)
54 at java.awt.Window.<init>(Window.java:407)
55 at java.awt.Frame.<init>(Frame.java:402)
56 at java.awt.Frame.<init>(Frame.java:367)
57 at
58 sun.plugin.viewer.LifeCycleManager.destroyCachedAppletPanels(LifeCycleManager.java:230)
59 at sun.plugin.navig.motif.Plugin.onExit(Plugin.java:399)
60 at sun.plugin.navig.motif.Plugin.doit(Plugin.java:389)
61 at sun.plugin.navig.motif.Plugin.start(Plugin.java:104)
62 Could not read ack from child process
63 Plugin: Java VM process has died.
64 plugin: java process exited with status 0
65 Could not start JavaVM!
66
67 VM did not start up properly
72 //*David Sveningsson [eXt]*
73
74 Freelance coder | Game Development Student
75 http://sidvind.com
76
77 Thou shalt make thy program's purpose and structure clear to thy fellow
78 man by using the One True Brace Style, even if thou likest it not, for
79 thy creativity is better used in solving problems than in creating
80 beautiful new impediments to understanding.

xorg.conf text/plain