From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] DSL and AT&T. About time.
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 03:03:20
1 Paul Hartman wrote:
2 > On Fri, Aug 7, 2009 at 6:45 PM, Dale<rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >
4 >> Hi folks,
5 >>
6 >> Anyone here have AT&T DSL? Is there anything special software wise that
7 >> I need to get it to work or do I just point to the URL of the modem and
8 >> set it up that way?
9 >>
10 >> As some may know, I have been promised DSL for the past 5 years or so.
11 >> It is supposed to be here next week. They put the cards in the DSL box
12 >> today. YEPPIE !!!! If I don't get DSL this time, my next post may be
13 >> from jail. I'm going to drive my uninsured 3/4 ton pick up right over
14 >> their shiney new DSL box. :-@
15 >>
16 >> Thanks.
17 >>
18 >> Dale
19 >>
20 >> :-) :-)
23 > I believe they use PPPoE, which most consumer-grade DSL/Cable routers
24 > have built in support for. On your Gentoo box you wouldn't need to do
25 > anything special, I don't think. Depending if you're using DHCP or
26 > not.
31 That is what I was thinking too. I still have dhcp installed from when
32 I was with my ex and her cable internet. Sounds like I am pretty much
33 ready to go here.
34
35 Thanks for the info.
36