From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Question about making a tarball
Date: Sat, 02 May 2009 15:18:34
1 Stroller wrote:
2 >
3 > On 2 May 2009, at 03:55, Dale wrote:
4 >>> ...
5 >>>
6 >>> [1] http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/Custom_Stage4#The_TAR_system
7 >>>
8 >>>
9 >>
10 >> I'm wanting to print this page, from the link above. Is it me or does
11 >> some of the lines run off the edge of the margins and get lost? I have
12 >> tried this in both Seamonkey and Konqueror with the same results. I
13 >> also tried to copy and paste it to OOo and Kwrite and it cuts it off
14 >> too. One line that seems consistent is the line about options not being
15 >> used with tar, the -p option. It looks ok on the website but not when
16 >> printed.
17 >
18 > Works fine here using Safari's "print" then "Save as PDF", but a bit
19 > whacky when you right-click & choose "export to PDF". The latter would
20 > normally print the whole lot as a single page of unrestrained length,
21 > but it is blank after the end of the first paragraph ("However, there
22 > may be problems with this alternate method if you use the stage4 on
23 > systems with different hardware configurations."). I would have
24 > expected the latter to be the more reliable print method, TBH.
25 >
26 > Stroller.
29 I just noticed something on the pdf you sent offlist. It has a
30 horizontal scroll thingy and doesn't print the whole line either. It
31 also looked to me like the script sections that were more than a page
32 long got cut off on the bottom. I think someone needs a better plan for
33 those pages.
34
35 I also clicked the link on the left to make the page printable, it
36 didn't work either. It seems there is no way to print this page and it
37 not cut off the longer lines.
40 Weird.
41
42 Dale