From: Alexey Mishustin <shumkar@×××××××.ru>
To: Gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] State of emergency is now in effect.
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2021 15:28:45
1 сб, 30 янв. 2021 г. в 17:59, Dr Rainer Woitok <rainer.woitok@×××××.com>:
2 >
3 > #! /bin/bash
4 > emerge --ask --changed-deps --changed-use --deep --newuse --oneshot \
5 > --update --with-bdeps=y sys-apps/portage
6 >
7 > I'm not sure where I got that from, I thought it was in the Gentoo Hand-
8 > book, but looking there just now I didn't find anything like that. May-
9 > be I invented that myself.
10 >
11 > Am I interpreting you correctly that such a postsync hook is never nec-
12 > essary, that is, that the "portage" package itself is always a built-in
13 > build dependency for every other package?
14
15 "The recommendation to update portage on its own is in the process of
16 being removed" -
17 https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-p-8520875.html#8520875
18
19 (despite of it is still displaed after 'emerge --sync')
22 Best regards,
23 Alex