From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Can't get a DVD to burn.
Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2010 11:05:45
1 Joerg Schilling wrote:
2 > Dale<rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
5 >> I see your points but it just finished burning about 6 more very full
6 >> DVDs with not one single error. They burned with no prompts other than
7 >> the usual things it does to confirm what I am doing, such as overwriting
8 >> a DVD with data on it. Since it was failing basically every time
9 >> before and has not failed since downgrading cdrtools, it appears not to
10 >> be hardware but a software issue. I guess I could install the newer
11 >>
12 > There is definitely no software issue with cdrecord.
13 >
14 > Jörg
18 Then this is sort of funny. The only thing I changed was to downgrade
19 cdrtools and then it worked fine. Same DVD media, same drive, same
20 files being burned and it worked fine with the older version of
21 cdrtools. So it appears to be something software or some different
22 setting somewhere.
23
24 Dale
25