From: Holly Bostick <motub@××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] can't unload modules
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2005 15:55:12
1 maxim wexler schreef:
2 >>>then ran make modules_install. Did I forget
3 >>
4 >>something?
5 >>
6 >>yes you forgot to make the kernel and forgot to
7 >>install the kernel and
8 >>reboot.
11 > Didn't forget. Those are obvious steps and not worth mentioning.
14 Everything is worth mentioning when something goes wrong. Sometimes the
15 problem with your cable TV reception really *is* that the power is
16 unplugged, after all.
17
18 That said, do you also have KMOD (Automatic kernel module loading) set?
19 I can't think of anything else that might have any affect on this,
20 unless the problem is with the specific modules that you're trying to
21 load/unload.
22
23 Holly
24 --