From: David Relson <relson@×××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] problem with PORTAGE_ELOG_MAILURI
Date: Sat, 04 Sep 2010 01:02:28
1 I'm trying to setup mailing of emerge logs, but it's failing for
2 reasons I don't grasp.
3
4 In /etc/make.conf I have the following:
5
6 PORTAGE_ELOG_MAILURI="userid@××××××××.com"
7
8 Running emerge, for example "emerge -1 uptimed" give the following
9 message:
10
11 !!! A network error occured while trying to send logmail:
12 [Errno 111] Connection refused
13 Sure you configured PORTAGE_ELOG_MAILURI correctly?
14
15 As a test, from a bash command line I have run:
16
17 echo "testing userid@××××××××.com" | \
18 mail -s"testing userid@××××××××.com" userid@××××××××.com
19
20 The command line test works fine which indicates that the value of
21 PORTAGE_ELOG_MAILURI is correct. However emerge is giving the message
22 shown above.
23
24 Any thoughts on what I've done wrong?
25
26 Regards,
27
28 David