From: Matthias Fechner <idefix@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] can't find my partition when config grub
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2007 16:34:56
1 Hi,
2
3 Chuanwen Wu schrieb:
4 > Disk /dev/cciss/c0d0
5 >
6 > /dev/cciss/c0d0p1 NTFS
7 > /dev/cciss/c0d0p2 Linux
8 > /dev/cciss/c0d0p3 extended
9 >
10 > grub > root (hd0,1) or grub> root (hd0,0)
11
12 grub cannot access ntfs so you need to fire the bootloader from windows.
13 I have no idea what the device /dev/cciss is but grub should help you
14 with the tab key to find the right notation.
15
16 I boot my windows here with:
17 title Windows
18 map (hd1) (hd0)
19 rootnoverify (hd1,0)
20 savedefault
21 makeactive
22 chainloader +1
23
24 you can forget the map I need it because I swaped my harddisks.
25 Hope that help a little bit.
28 Bye
29 Matthias
33 "Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to
34 build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to
35 produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning." --
36 Rich Cook
37 --
38 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list