From: Elias Diem <lists@×××××××××.ch>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Maybe bug? (glibc related?)
Date: Fri, 01 Jan 2016 14:21:45
1 Hi lee
2
3 On 2015-12-30, lee wrote:
4
5 > Elias Diem <lists@×××××××××.ch> writes:
6 >
7 > >> Whether this is a bug or not depends on what you're supposed to expect,
8 > >> which I don't know. If someone would run the test suite on a
9 > >> non-hardened profile and got the same warning from gcc, but vim wouldn't
10 > >> be terminated when the segmentation fault occurs, then I'd be worried.
11 > >
12 > > Ok. Well, I don't know either what to expect. I haven't got
13 > > enough knowledge to analyse this. I posted it here because I
14 > > was told so ;-)
15 >
16 > Maybe someone knows ...
17 >
18 > How do you run the test thing? I could try and see what happens.
19
20 I clone the git repo at https://github.com/vim/vim and work
21 with that.
22
23 I've got a file at http://webconect.ch/cont/vim/myenv that I
24 source prior to make. For example:
25
26 $ cd vim
27 $ . myenv
28 $ make
29
30 Then, to run Vim's testsuite:
31
32 $ make test
33
34 Note that `make test` only fails if I compile with -O1.
37 Greetings
38 Elias