From: staticsafe <me@××××××××××.ca>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Firefox not killing processes on close
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2013 21:53:33
1 On 11/10/2013 16:38, Dale wrote:
2 > Howdy,
3 >
4 > I have noticed something that really bugs me. I sometimes have a few
5 > Firefox sessions running. I do this because I have to be logged into a
6 > website with more than one user/password. Here is my issue. If I click
7 > the X box to close a session of Firefox, it doesn't seem to kill the
8 > process. I end up having to go to a Konsole and killing the process
9 > with either the kill command or pkill. Naturally, all the processes are
10 > named Firefox so I can't tell one from the other. That leads to me
11 > killing the wrong one at times.
12 >
13 > My question is this, why does Firefox not kill its processes as it
14 > should? When I click the X and it closes, it should kill the process
15 > right? When it does not kill correctly and I try to restart that
16 > session, I get the error that the session is already running.
17 >
18 > This has been going on for a while. What can I look for or do to
19 > correct this?
20 >
21 > Also, after large updates, I go to the boot runlevel, kill any processes
22 > that shouldn't be running, then go back to default runlevel. Sometimes,
23 > I have to kill quite a few processes to get a clean list. While this is
24 > not just a Firefox issue, it is just the one that gets in the way the
25 > most. It seems there is a underlying issue somewhere and Firefox is
26 > just one symptom.
27 >
28 > Anyone have thoughts on this?
29 >
30 > Thanks.
31 >
32 > Dale
33 >
37 What version of Firefox? What addons (if any) do you use with Firefox?
38
39 I have this problem except it is with Thunderbird (on Windows).
42 staticsafe
43 O< ascii ribbon campaign - stop html mail - www.asciiribbon.org
44 Please don't top post. It is not logical.
45 Please don't CC me! I'm subscribed to whatever list I just posted on.