From: Thomas Balthazar <thomas.tmp@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Problem installing mod_proxy
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 10:17:45
1 Hello,
2
3 This is my first week with Gentoo.
4 I'm running Gentoo Base System version 1.6.14 on a x86_64 Intel(R)
5 Celeron(R) CPU 2.66GHz.
6
7 I have Apache 2.0.58 installed.
8 I would like to install mod_proxy. I need it.
9
10 When I do a emerge --search mod_proxy, all I get is :
11 * www-apache/mod_proxy_html [ Masked ]
12 Latest version available: 2.5.1
13 Latest version installed: [ Not Installed ]
14 Size of files: 8 kB
15 Homepage: http://apache.webthing.com/mod_proxy_html/
17 reverse proxy
18 License: GPL-2
19
20 So it looks like I cannot install mod_proxy through emerge.
21
22 Do I need to recompile Apache?
23 Or is there another way?
24
25 If I need to recompile Apache, how can I know which options where used for
26 the original installation of Apache? I would like to keep the exact same
27 config + mod_proxy.
28
29 Any help would be much-much-much appreciated!
30 Thanks in advance,
31 Thomas.