From: Philip Webb <purslow@×××××××××.ca>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Can't Start Epiphany
Date: Fri, 08 Dec 2006 00:53:52
1 061207 Randy Barlow wrote:
2 > I've just made a shiny new install and am using the Gnome desktop,
3 > but I cannot seem to start Epiphany. I get a dialogue box:
4 > Startup failed because of the following error:
5 > Unable to determine the address of the message bus
6 > (try 'man dbus-launch' and 'man dbus-daemon' for help)
7 > I did run /etc/init.d/dbus start as root & added that to default runlevel
8 > and I did log out/in afterwards, and the problem persists.
9
10 I use KDE, but it sb similar for you. My .xinitrc is :
11
12 # PP 060514 : for KDE : to enable Epiphany
13 xscreensaver &
14 dbus-launch startkde
15
16 I start X from the raw command-line with 'startx',
17 so if you're using the equivalent of 'kdm', it mb a bit more complex.
18
19 Generally, I'm a fan of Epiphany, but occasionally it freezes the machine:
20 there seems to be some bug perhaps involving Javascript.
24 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb : purslow@××××××××××××××.ca
25 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Centre for Urban & Community Studies
26 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' University of Toronto
27 --
28 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list