From: covici@××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] invalid argument when trying to modprobe nvidia module
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2011 02:51:42
1 Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > Peter Humphrey wrote:
4 > > On Sunday 16 January 2011 12:13:54 Adam Carter wrote:
7 > >> The no kernel config error sounds more like you havent done make
8 > >> oldconfig/menuconfig whatever to create the .config file.
9 > >>
10 > > In fact that isn't it. I've copied the .config from /boot, run make
11 > > oldconfig, compiled the kernel and copied it to /boot. Still nvidia-
12 > > drivers won't compile, apparently because /usr/src/linux points to a
13 > > kernel other than the running one.
17 > I haven't rebooted yet but I did point the symlink to the new kernel.
18 > I can emerge nvidia here with no problems. It noticed it was pointing
19 > to the new kernel and installed them correctly. I'll reboot here in a
20 > bit and see what happens.
21 >
22 Getting back to the original, I tried with 2.6.37 and it didn't work
23 either, but my 2.6.30 works fine with the same drivers.
27 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
28 How do
29 you spend it?
30
31 John Covici